DANGEROUS GOODS & PROHIBITED GOODS TO KENYA In accordance with International Law (IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations) the goods listed below are classified as ‘Dangerous’ and not allowed for shipment by Air to Kenya. Permitted goods to Kenya like many items which appear harmless in everyday use can pose dangers on aircraft and are consequently forbidden for transport by Air Navigation (Dangerous Goods) Regulations 2010.
Goods to Kenya - Dangerous and Prohibited Goods
Flammable Goods Not Permitted – All flammable liquids, including perfume and aftershaves CHECKLIST: Are any of the following in your shipment?
- Perfumes – Aftershaves
- Household cleaning products
- Gels, including shaving gels
- Other flammable liquids
The following goods are classified as DANGEROUS and not permitted,
Aerosols Not Permitted – All aerosols, deodorants, sprays and compressed gas canisters are forbidden CHECKLIST: Are any of the following in your shipment?
- Aerosols – Air Fresheners
- Body Sprays – Perfumes
- Any other compressed gas cylinders – Cigarette lighters
- Gas cylinders for camping stoves or any other gases
Other Dangerous Goods to Kenya that are not Permitted Explosives e.g.: Ammunition, Christmas crackers snaps, Fireworks, Fuses etc Radioactive MaterialsAll oxidizing substances & Organic Peroxides e.g.: Bleach etc Corrosive substances e.g.: All battery types, Corrosive cleaning fluids, Acids and Alkali’s, Thermometers (mercury) etc Toxic & Infectious substances e.g.: Pesticides, Insecticides, Mercury, Poisons etc Miscellaneous Dangerous goods to Kenya e.g.:Asbestos, Magnetized materials, Dry Ice, Self inflating life jackets Restricted Goods to Kenya* Restricted items cannot be transported as personal effects to most countries by road, air or sea. The customer is advised to check with Customs in the country of destination whether such goods are permitted to go to Kenya.
Where charges are incurred for the removal of Non-Permitted or Restricted goods to Kenya by an airline, handling agent, consolidator etc, these charges will be passed on to you together with a £120 administration fee, and the shipment will be delayed until such charges are paid. The customer hereby declares that their consignment contains none of the goods as described on this page and overleaf. Where such non permitted or restricted items are found, Parcel2Kenya reserves the right to remove these items and dispose of them without reference to the customer. In such circumstances the customer will not be due for any compensation, nor will Parcel2Kenya be under any obligation to return or forward such items or give any notice that such items have been removed. For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below, must not be carried in baggage going with parcel2kenya shipping to Kenya.
- Compressed gasses (Deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as: butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen or aqualung cylinders.
- Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries.
- Explosives, ammunition, fireworks and flares.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners and fire-lighters.
- Radioactive material
- Brief-cases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices.
- Materials such as bleaching powder or peroxides
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetised material, offensive or irritating materials.
For more information or enquiries before shipping anything with us please email us on email@example.com, so that you can know what are the permitted goods to Kenya. or you can visit the IATA official website